The skin is one of the most vital yet often neglected organs of the body. Its most notable function is to protect all our internal organs, so that’s enough to make you think twice and take care of it.
But whenever we hear “skincare,” we always think of female products in those dainty, colorful bottles. Fortunately, there are now skincare products like lotions that are specifically formulated just for men.
These lotions for men come in different variants, so you can choose the perfect one for your specific skin type. They also have more masculine scents available, so you don’t have to worry about smelling like sweet flowers while walking around town.
I am familiar with the struggle of looking around shelves of lotion and still not like what you buy. To save you from the tiring trial-and-error process in searching for the best body lotion for men, here is a list of our top 10 picks.
And if you’re not sure about what to look for in a lotion for men, just continue reading for our buying guide below.
Top 10 Lotions for Men
1) Nivea Men Maximum Hydration 3-in-1 Nourishing Lotion
- It contains aloe vera and glycerin, which are great at keeping your skin healthy and moisturized.
- It is perfect for men with dry skin.
- It is very affordable.
- It is easily absorbed by the skin.
- Its scent may be too intense for some users.
The first on our list is the Nivea Men Maximum Hydration 3-in-1 Nourishing Lotion. This is perfect for those suffering from dry skin since this is specially formulated to help lock in moisture.
You can expect only the best from this body lotion for men from a trusted brand in the skincare industry. This lotion contains glycerin, which is best known for helping the skin absorb and retain moisture. As a result, your skin would no longer feel the uncomfortable tightness because of its dryness.
It also contains aloe vera, which has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also rich in vitamins and antioxidants, and your skin will thank you for that.
The brand knows that nobody wants to experience that heavy and greasy feeling after applying lotion, so they incorporated Hydra-IQ technology into this lotion. This helps your skin absorb the product faster, leaving your skin feeling hydrated without the greasy feel.
The Nivea Men Maximum Hydration 3-in-1 Nourishing Lotion is dermatologically tested to be safe for use for the body, face, and hands. This means that even if you use it as a moisturizer on your face, it won’t cause you any breakout. The product is safe enough for you to use on the rest of your body.
2) Pre De Provence Men’s Fragrance Body Lotion
- It contains ingredients that are great at slowing down our skin cells’ aging while leaving them moisturized.
- It feels light and is easily absorbed by the skin.
- As of the time of writing, there are no negative reviews of this lotion.
Another great body lotion for men is the Pre De Provence Men’s Fragrance Body Lotion.
The Pre De Provence Men’s Fragrance Body Lotion contains highly-moisturizing shea oil and aloe to leave your skin healthy and hydrated. It also has coffee seed extract, a known antioxidant that’s also rich in vitamin E. This helps protect it from further sun damage while also boosting cell production, leaving you with more radiant skin.
Ginseng root is also added into the formula, and this is known for improving the skin’s elasticity. As a result, it slows down your skin’s aging process, leaving you with healthy-looking skin that’s also soft to touch.
This lotion comes from the brand’s Bergamot and Thyme line, which exudes a pleasant masculine scent with relaxing herbal tones. This assures you that you will be smelling fresh and clean all day while your skin is being pampered with all its nourishing content.
What I love most about the Pre De Provence Men’s Fragrance Body Lotion is that – it feels light on the skin. This makes it perfect for individuals who sweat a lot because it’s also fast-absorbing. You don’t have to worry about sticky arms with this lotion.
3) 63 Men’s Lotion
- It has a masculine scent that’s not too overpowering and stays on the skin for a long time.
- It is highly moisturizing.
- It is pricey, considering the amount of product you get.
If you want a more aromatic scent that’s warm and spicy, I highly recommend the No. 63 Men’s Lotion from Pre de Provence.
This luxurious lotion contains glycerin, shea oil, and aloe vera that guarantees to hydrate and keep your skin nourished. This keeps your skin feeling moisturized while also looking smooth and supple. As such, this is the best lotion for those who want to treat their dry and cracked skin.
One of the most notable features of this lotion is that it smells incredible – and that scent lasts throughout the day, so it’s safe to say that it can also double as your perfume.
Its aroma is warm and spicy, reminiscent of cedarwood, juicy plum, violet leaves, with light notes of luxurious leather and tobacco.
4) Bath & Body Works Noir for Men
- It has a crisp, citrusy scent that makes you feel clean and fresh.
- It contains moisturizing, soothing, and nourishing ingredients.
- It is non-greasy, easily absorbed by the skin, and stays on the skin for up to 16 hours.
- It is affordable and easy to find.
- Although the moisturizing effect lasts for 16 hours, the scent doesn’t linger for a long time.
The Bath & Body Works Noir for Men is the lotion you’re looking for if you’re looking for something that’s easy to find and offers excellent value for the money.
This lotion from Bath & Body Works contains shea butter that will provide your skin with intense moisture. This is paired with glycerin to help your skin absorb the moisture, making sure that it penetrates deep within your skin’s other layers.
It also has vitamins E and B5 to give your skin the nourishment it deserves. These vitamins also help your skin retain its elasticity, and this helps it retain its youthful appearance. It also has aloe vera to help soothe your skin in case of prolonged sun exposure.
The Bath & Body Works Noir for Men is also one of the lotions that smell great on men. It has that citrusy hint of bergamot that’s coupled with clary sage, rosemary, and coriander.
It also has undertones of amber wood and white musk that compliments its top tones perfectly. This means that it gives you that clean and fresh scent that still exudes machismo.
This non-greasy lotion is easily absorbed by the skin. So this is perfect for those who are always on the go. It also promises to lock in moisture for up to 16 hours – and that guarantees to give you hydrated skin without the need to re-apply.
5) Solimo Men’s Dry Skin Lotion for Face and Body
- It is free from parabens.
- It is cruelty-free.
- It is very affordable.
- The scent may be too overwhelming for some users.
Another affordable lotion for men is the Solimo Men’s Dry Skin Lotion for Face and Body. This is the perfect lotion for those who simply want a lotion that does an excellent job of moisturizing the skin.
This lotion is aimed to help treat those with dry skin, thanks to its decent amount of glycerin that helps the skin absorb the moisture it needs. It is also formulated to be free from parabens – and this means that it will also work great for those with sensitive skin and allergies.
The Solimo Men’s Dry Skin Lotion for Face and Body is also made of safe ingredients that you can also apply to your face without worrying about breakouts.
The brand never tested this product on animals, so it’s an affordable cruelty-free alternative to more expensive lotions on this list.
6) Nivea Men Sensitive Protective Lotion
- It contains SPF15 to protect your skin from harmful UV rays
- It has soothing chamomile and witch hazel.
- It contains vitamin E.
- It is the best body lotion for men with sensitive skin.
- As of the time of writing, there are no negative reviews of this item.
One of the reasons we need to use lotion is to protect our skin, and one of the factors that we should protect it from is the harmful rays of the sun. Even if you don’t leave the house, some UV rays can still make their way to your skin, so you have to dab on lotion to prevent wrinkles.
The Nivea Men Sensitive Protective Lotion is the perfect companion to keep yourself moisturized and protected from the sun. It is also formulated with the safest ingredients that it’s also safe for people with sensitive skin.
This lotion is enriched with vitamin E that boosts the generation of healthy skin cells while also getting rid of the dull, dead ones. It also promotes its elasticity to help combat aging.
It also comes with chamomile and witch hazel – ingredients that can soothe your sensitive skin. This is especially useful when you’re suffering from painful sunburns.
It also contains a broad spectrum SPF15 to protect it from harmful UVA and UVB rays that can further cause sunburn and wrinkles. And most importantly, it doesn’t contain any alcohol that will leave your skin dry.
Overall, the Nivea Men Sensitive Protective Lotion is the perfect lotion for those who want to repair damaged skin caused by sunburn. It also works best for those with sensitive skin.
7) Eucerin Skin Calming Lotion
- It contains natural oatmeal that helps soothe itchy skin.
- It is highly moisturizing.
- It is free from paraben and artificial dyes.
- It is fragrance-free.
- It requires frequent re-application.
For those suffering from itchy skin brought about by dryness, you might want to consider the Eucerin Skin Calming Lotion that’s specifically formulated to soothe and relieve itchy skin.
The Eucerin Skin Calming Lotion contains natural oatmeal that’s known for its soothing properties. This helps relieve the itchiness you feel from dry skin.
To prevent the further drying of your skin, it contains rich emollients to help lock in moisture. But even when it’s packed with moisturizing agents, it’s non-greasy, making it comfortable to wear on your skin.
I also love that it’s free from parabens and artificial dyes. This makes it perfect for those with sensitive skin. Additionally, it is also fragrance-free. So even those who are sensitive to scents will find this ideal for them.
8) Andalou Naturals Men Energizing Body Lotion with CannaCell
- It contains all-natural ingredients that are safe for the skin.
- It does not contain harmful phthalates, parabens, and other harmful chemicals.
- It is vegan-friendly and cruelty-free.
- It smells great.
- It is highly moisturizing and nourishing.
- It offers excellent value for the money.
- At the time of writing this article, there are no negative reviews of this product.
If you are looking for an all-natural vegan lotion, the Andalou Naturals Men Energizing Body Lotion with CannaCell is perfect for you.
This lotion contains the brand’s proprietary CannaCell made from hemp stem cells that contain natural antioxidants. This helps slow down the skin’s aging process while counteracting the damage caused by sun exposure or pollution. This leaves you with youthful and radiant skin.
Aside from CannaCell, it’s also rich in other vitamins and nutrients such as vitamins E, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, omega-3, and omega-6. All these work together to give your skin the nourishment it deserves to make it as healthy as possible.
Also interesting is the list of everything that this lotion doesn’t have, like phthalates, GMO, gluten, silicone, sulfates, and parabens. This means that it is all-natural and safe for your skin. It is also cruelty-free, making it the perfect lotion for vegan men.
9) Jack Black Cool Moisture Body Lotion
- It contains nourishing vitamin E, jojoba, and soy protein.
- It is free from parabens and colorants.
- It is cruelty-free.
- It provides a pleasant cooling sensation that leaves you feeling fresh.
- The scent may be too overwhelming for some users.
- The container is not very durable.
The Jack Black Cool Moisture Body Lotion is the best body lotion for men with active lifestyles.
One of the most intriguing features of this body lotion is its cooling sensation that you can feel upon application. This makes it perfect for cooling down the body after a workout, a trip to the sauna, or simply to freshen up during hot summer days.
It contains soy protein that prevents skin from chapping. This helps soothe and reduce the skin’s roughness, leaving you with smooth and flawless skin. It is also infused with vitamin E to help slow down the aging process to leave it looking youthful.
This lotion also contains jojoba, which has great anti-inflammatory properties. This allows it to prevent redness or other skin damage. It also helps soothe the skin, so those with sensitive skin will find this safe to use.
The Jack Black Cool Moisture Body Lotion does not contain parabens and artificial colorants, so you know it’s safe for you to use.
10) Lubriderm Men’s 3-In-1 Unscented Lotion
- It is highly moisturizing.
- It is fragrance-free.
- It offers great value for money.
- It is lightweight and non-greasy.
- It is not hypoallergenic.
Rounding off our top 10 picks for the best body lotion for men is the fragrance-free 3-in-1 body lotion from Lubriderm.
The Lubriderm Men’s 3-In-1 Unscented Lotion contains aloe vera, minerals, and moisturizers to soothe, nourish, and hydrate your skin. These ingredients make it gentle on the skin, so it’s perfectly safe for you to use on your face.
Because of its soothing qualities, you can also use this as an aftershave to relieve the redness.
The Lubriderm Men’s 3-In-1 Unscented Lotion feels light on the skin, doesn’t feel greasy, and is easily absorbed. This means that you don’t have to worry about feeling uncomfortably sticky after its application. This makes it the perfect everyday lotion for men.
I also want to add that this is entirely fragrance-free. This means that it’s safe for those with high sensitivity to scents – or for those who don’t want their lotion to overpower the scent of their perfume.
Before buying the first lotion you ever come across, you have to consider several factors to make sure that you purchase the one that’s compatible with you. Doing so won’t just help you find the lotion that will help improve your skin’s condition, but it will also help you save a lot of money in the long run.
Before anything else, you should first know your skin type. Knowing your skin type will help you find the lotion that is safe for your skin and improve its condition.
Although lotion’s main purpose is to keep your skin healthy and moisturized, this doesn’t mean that it’s only made for those with dry skin. Checking the label will help you identify if the lotion is made for normal skin, dry skin, or sensitive skin.
Identifying your skin type will help you save a lot of money in the long run – since it saves you the time, money, and effort from buying different lotions just to check if it works for you or not.
Check the Label
You should also check the label first before buying the lotion. The label contains all the necessary ingredients that are infused in your lotion, so this will alert you immediately if it contains any harmful chemicals or substances that can trigger your allergies.
The label will also tell you which great ingredients were used in the lotion. Some of the good ingredients that you have to look for are:
- Glycerin. Glycerin is often used in lotions and other skincare products because of its ability to aid in the skin’s absorption of moisture. It works by helping the moisturizers penetrate the first layer of the skin so that it also reaches its inner layers, thereby helping it retain more moisture.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is best known for its ability to help retain the elasticity of the skin. This vitamin helps slow down the skin’s aging process, thereby leaving you with wrinkle-free and young-looking skin.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal has great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help soothe skin’s redness. This serves as a calming ingredient when you have dry and irritated skin. It also serves as an exfoliant since it boosts new skin cells’ production and helps remove dead skin cells.
- Sun Protection Factor. Another component of a great everyday lotion is its sun protection factor or SPF content. This keeps the harmful UV rays away from the skin. These UV rays either cause wrinkles or sunburn, so it’s best to dab on the lotion with SPF if you’re always outdoors or if you’re always exposed to indoor UV lights.
- Shea butter or oil. One of the most hydrating ingredients used for lotions and soaps is shea butter or oil. This helps give your skin the moisture it needs to prevent it from drying out, leaving you feeling tight and itchy.
On the other hand, you should also check the label for nasty components used in manufacturing the lotion.
This includes parabens that can trigger allergies, harmful phthalates, artificial colorants or dyes, and alcohol that tends to dry the skin. Looking out for these ingredients helps you make sure that you’re only giving the best for your skin.
And as a final tip, also make sure if the lotion contains any fragrance – whether artificial or not. Some of us may be suffering from sensitivity to scents, such as those who suffer from allergic rhinitis, so strong smells can trigger uncomfortable sneezing.
Thus, if you’re suffering from such a condition, always check if the lotion is unscented. This will save you a lot of money while ensuring that you won’t have to suffer uncomfortable bouts of sneezing.
Taking care of your skin is not something that only ladies do. Even the toughest man should learn how to treat his skin if he doesn’t want to suffer from skin diseases caused by exposure to pollution and the sun’s harmful rays.
Fortunately, many skincare brands now offer lotions for men, so you don’t have to worry about smelling like flowers all day. The more significant challenge is to find the best body lotion for men that best matches one’s skin.
The main factors that you have to consider in your search are your skin type and the ingredients that go into the product.
Once you’ve narrowed down your options based on these factors, you can now look for the best one based on your personal preferences like the fragrance, manufacturing process, whether it’s all-natural, and all other considerations.
And if you still can’t decide between your options, you can always consult this article and try one of our top 10 picks.