Guys, have you ever measured the size of your penis with a ruler or tape measure? This is a prevalent practice among men, indeed!
Yeah, it’s a rite of passage for most men! Or at a minimum – just something you do when bored.
Not only does it give us something to do on rainy Sunday afternoons…it can actually be quite informative to pick the right condom size!
It fulfills curiosity for some men curious about how big their members might be, too.
But did you do it correctly? Believe it or not, there is, in fact, the right way (and wrong way) to measure our little friend.
So, keep reading – How To Measure Penile Length Correctly!
How To Measure Penis Size
There’s no basis in science for the old wives’ tales, and they’re just plain wrong.
So don’t let anyone tell you that what’s between your two fingers (distance between your thumb and index finger) or a shoe size will accurately indicate how large your genitals are.
Forget any idea based on correlating these varying variables together because there isn’t enough data available yet so far.
The only way to gauge the size of your penis is by measuring it while erect – and measuring it correctly!
Measuring Penis Length
Beginning by determining the length of your penis:
- Make your penis fully hard.
- Position a ruler or measuring tape on the top side of your erect penis.
- Start measuring on the top side of your penis from the tip of the glans. If there is any extra length for the foreskin, exclude it.
- Get the length in a straight line along the top of the penis back to the pubic bone where it attaches to your body.
- Press past any excess fat or pubic hair and stop gauging at the pubic bone. Press into your pubic bone as far as you can, but don’t hurt yourself – just a gentle push. This step is specifically vital for those who have a thick fat pad at the penis base. (Fat can reduce your measurement from 0.5 to 1.0 inches)
- Now – that’s your actual penis length.
Penis size can vary slightly from one day to the next due to fatigue, stress, and level of arousal, so you may want to take several measurements for an accurate picture.
Morning is the best time to get the most rigid erection, but you can take measurements at different times on different days throughout the week.
How To Measure A Curved Penis
Everyone’s penis is different and varies in size and shape. It might be normal to have a slight curve in your penis to upward, downward, left, or right. So try to make it as straight as possible with your hand when taking measurements.
The most accurate way to measure your curved penis is to use a soft ruler, start from the tip, and go close to the pubic bone (depending on your fat pad thickness), following the curve of the shaft for a correct measurement.
Remember, your penis size is the penetrable volume – so as much as you can push inside is your actual size. This is why the accurate measurement includes the curved length and excludes the fat pad length!
Three key points:
- Place the scale on the top of the erect penis.
- Gently push the scale towards the pubic bone.
- Take several measurements throughout the week.
Why Is This the “Right” Way to Measure Your Penis?
It’s no wonder that medical researchers use this method to measure penises! The “right” way has clear stopping points and cannot be interpreted as being too long or short.
You have to measure the length from the tip to the pubic bone. Gently pressing towards the pubic bone is vital, or fat pad and pubic hair can shorten the actual length data.
If you were to measure the underside of a man’s penis, rather than checking for normalcy at its topside, then results could potentially skew or misrepresent the length by extending past the scrotum.
Measuring Penis Girth
Girth is the circumference of your penis. It indicates how thick your penis is.
- For this step, use a soft measuring tape or string, and don’t forget to measure with your good eye. If you choose the latter, make sure it doesn’t have any stretch as well! Because that could result in measurement errors with your string measurements!
- Carefully wrap the tape or string once around the thickest part of the shaft of your erect penis.
- Note where the ends of the tape reach; that’s the number you’re trying to find – it’s the girth or circumference of your penis.
- If you are using a string, mark where the end of the string meets the rest of it. Then straighten out it and use a ruler to determine the distance from the mark to the end.
Measuring Penis Width
Some manufacturers size condoms according to the width or diameter of the penis.
You can find this measurement the same way you would measure a circle in geometry. First, use your girth measurement from above to determine how wide or thick it is. Then simply divide that number by 3.14 to get the width of your penis!
Why Does Correctly Measuring The Penis Size Matter?
It matters since if you purchase condoms believing your penis to be one volume when it’s really another, you might come across one of two scenarios:
- The condom is too compact, actually, that you remove it in the throes of tightness.
- The condom is too loose, leading to it tearing or dropping off too soon.
Both scenarios introduce the risk of unprotected sex.
Read more: Does Size Matter In Bed? Know Amazing Facts!
Utilizing Your Penis Size To Select A Condom
As soon as you are positive that you have figured out your penis size correctly, you should be able to identify what size condom you require.
If your penis is of average size, a standard-size condom ought to supply you with a precise fit – it will fit you without any pain or threat of falling off.
A larger-than-average penis might need a condom labeled “huge,” whereas a smaller penis may need a condom labeled as “tight,” “close fit,” or “snug.”
Keep in mind, when it comes to condoms, size matters. The better the fit, the far better it will secure you against unwanted pregnancies as well as sexually transferred infections (STI).
You’ll have taken several measurements over the program of a few days and at various times to arrive at a precise figure if you’re absolutely committed to accuracy. Then, armed with these details, you must be able to select the appropriate size of the condom.
To find out the size of your penis, you need to measure it in three dimensions: length, width, and girth.
Some people use rulers or measuring tapes, while others prefer strings. It’s important that whatever tool is used does not stretch because this can cause inaccuracies with measurements.
Although you may not have actually considered it, discovering precisely how to accurately determine your penis is eventually essential to your sexual wellness.
Choosing the right condom is vital to an enjoyable and safe sexual experience for all included.
And if measuring your penis brings a confidence boost, plus a spring in your step, then that’s an included bonus!
Incorrect measurement may lead some men to believe they have a smaller than average manhood when actually their member might just be longer than what was thought beforehand!